Administrative Assistant -Tech Savvy! - part time
Do you enjoy a variety of tasks? Do you have great attention to detail? Are you willing to help out wherever needed, even if it means getting a little dirty at times? Would you like to be part of an established nonprofit organization that provides much needed services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families? Would you like to work at a convenient Frederick location?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading!
The Arc of Frederick County is seeking to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant for our main Frederick office.
Can you see yourself working here? There is no “typical” day, as every day has a lot of variety. A sample day may look something like this: You arrive at the office just before we open at 9:00. The front desk receptionist has an appointment out of the office, so you will fill in, greeting visitors and answering phone calls. While at the front desk, UPS delivers 8 large cases of copy paper. You accept the delivery and put the paper in the supply room. Someone is having trouble at the copier, so you help clear the jam. You then spend some time at your computer designing a flyer for a support group. You get it approved, and use the agency database to pull addresses, export them to Excel, and print labels to mail the flyer. You make copies of the flyer and prepare the mailing. Once that’s done, you remember there is an event tonight at our other building, so you need to run to the local warehouse club and pick up several cases of water and soda for refreshments. You deliver them to the other building and set up tables and chairs for the event. Back at the other building, you notice that a ceiling light is out in the hallway, so you pull out the stepladder and a fresh lightbulb and replace it. At the end of the day, you venture into the kitchen, tidying up the table and making sure the coffee maker is turned off and paper towels are stocked. You take out the kitchen trash bag and toss it into the dumpster in the parking lot. Since we have an event this evening, your day is not over (that’s okay… you can flex time later in the week). You drive back over to the other building and set up the computer, projector, and microphones for the presentation. You help with the refreshment table and any AV needs that come up. After a successful event, you help clean up the room and stack the chairs. When you go home, you feel great that you’ve helped so many people in the organization and look forward to the variety that tomorrow will bring.
If you can see yourself in this job, we want to hear from you! But first, do you meet these qualifications?
- Three or more years of experience providing administrative assistance and/or office management; experience in the non-profit sector is desirable.
- Intermediate to expert level skills in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook); skilled in use of internet for research and dissemination of information. Ability to learn new applications quickly including organization-wide information systems.
- Microsoft Publisher experience that demonstrates ability to compose text, edit and proofread documents. Photoshop experience a huge plus!
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication etiquette and a professional presentation.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive communications.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like computers, printers, projectors, and fax machines and ability to troubleshoot problems with these items.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree is a plus.
- Position involves much computer work; other frequent physical demands include moving heavy office supplies like cases of copy paper, using stepladder to reach high items in office, handling light office maintenance, and setting up tables & chairs for events.
- A good driving record and a reliable vehicle are required.
- Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00-1:00, but ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the agency is required. This includes some evenings and weekends.
- Pay is $13.46 per hour
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.