The Betty Ann Ramsburg Endowment Fund
Where will my child live in the future when I am no longer able to provide for his/her care?
What types of experiences and activities would be helpful now towards preparing for his/her future?
What resources are available to help our family?
These are all common concerns of families, and the inspiration behind the development of The Arc's Endowment Fund. The fund is designated to provide a means for helping families plan for the future of their sons/daughters with developmental disabilities.
The money that is contributed to the Endowment is invested for The Arc by the Community Foundation of Frederick County. The investment proceeds will provide future funding for The Arc, while the actual funds in the Endowment account will remain untouched. This will allow The Arc to ensure that a greater number of families who need our assistance receive that help in a timely manner. While The Arc's Support Coordinators are able to help many families that call us, often times families and individuals who request our help are placed on Waiting Lists and the most likely people to receive immediate help are those in a crisis.
Funds from the Endowment will assist young parents to remain resilient. It will help elderly parents actualize a plan of services for their adults sons and daughters while they are still in good health and can participate in developing a plan. This program will prevent disruptive, costly, and ill-fated problems that are inevitable without proper planning. We hope you believe it is an investment worthy of your generosity.
Tax deductible gifts to The Arc of Frederick County Endowment Fund can be given in many ways:
- Real Estate Holdings
- Personal Property
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Trust Fund Income
- Securities of Stock
- Life Insurance Policy
- Gifts from an Estate or Trust
Gifts to The Arc of Frederick County Endowment fund will be placed in a restricted fund with The Community Foundation of Frederick County. The fund's principle will be kept in perpetuity.
Read the Endowment Edition, our semi-annual newsletter that shares the many accomplishments being made by The Arc through our Futures and Estate Planning Services.
We thank the members of the Endowment Fund's Founder's Circle for their generous gifts of $10,000 or above.
- Jay and Virginia Fifer
- Ralph and Nancy Little
- A Friend of The Arc of Frederick County
- The Frederick Business Properties Co.
- Jack and Jeannie Brunk
- Farmers and Mechanics National Bank
- Robert and Sue Ann Sanbower
- Colonel Edward and Bev Shelton
- Donald and Lisa Owens
- J.R. and Norma Ramsburg
- Red Horse Steak House
- William and Nicole Orr
- Mr. and Mrs. Rand D. Weinberg
- Ideal Buick
- Mr. and Mrs. David S. Weinberg
- Willard Agri-Service of Frederick
- Mr. James Galanis and Dr. Mimi McLaughlin Galanis
- Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Crum
- M&T Bank
- Mark and Mariam Severson
- Mr. Jim Grimes
- Gail and Joyce Guyton
- Rebecca and Robert Windsor
- Frederick Mutual Insurance Company
- Mrs. Margaret Neely
- Dewey Jordan, Inc.
- Fredericktown Bank and Trust Co.
- Thomas D. Kline
- Mr. and Mrs. F.L. Hewitt, III
- Don & Becky Linton
- Kirk D. Cramer Jr. in Memory of Mary Louise Cramer
- Van Sant Plumbing & Heating
- Jack and Dolores McGovern
- Charlie, Charlotte and David Glick
- Ausherman Development Corporation
- Employees of Routzahn’s
- Ethridge, Quinn, McAuliffe, Rowan & Hartinger Law Offices
- Josh & Trish Brooks
- Offutt, Horman & Burdette
- Dr. Christine Aloi
- Jeffrey & Patricia Hurwitz
- Clayton, Betsy and Michael Minnick
- Frederick Brick Works
- Evelyn Bertell Ambrose
- Patty Pollotas Fund, Inc.
- Randall Charitable Trust
- Ray & Holly Ramsburg
- St. Paul’s Utica Lutheran Church
- Mr. & Mrs. Blaine Young
- Robert W. Sheckles, Inc.
- Mark and Donna Gaver
- Frederick County Bank
- Delaplaine Foundation
- Special Friends of The Arc
- Frederick Mutual Insurance Company
- Mr. & Mrs. Chris Kline
- Kline Scott Visco
- George Moehrle Masonry
- Ms. Maura Hanlen Patterson